Safety wear is now a permanent staple in the eyewear industry. In fact, more people are demanding glasses that are safer and shatter-proof than earlier versions. With this in mind, prescription safety glasses are durable and scratch-resistant for wearers. They also offer excellent protection against harmful UV rays and sun glare. When shopping for prescription glasses online, keep the following the mind:
- These glasses are fog resistant for better vision while driving or at work.
- The most popular lens materials for safety glasses are polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate lenses offer better resistance to impact than regular glass lenses.
- Polycarbonate lens materials are softer than glass lenses. However, they are still impact-resistant and weight less than glass.
Why choose Safety Eyewear?
According to the American Optometric Association, nearly 2,000 people sustain eye injuries at their workplaces every day. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reports that many of these eye injuries require immediate medical treatments. This comes to approximately 2.5 million people per year that suffer from workplace eye injuries. The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) states that 90% of these injuries would not have occurred if the individuals were wearing prescription safety glasses. These glasses are instrumental in better vision acuity but also offer the following:
- Prescription safety goggles protect wearers from hazardous chemicals, fuels, and hidden airborne agents.
- Safety glasses prevent minor eye injuries like corneal abrasions and retinal detachments.
- Most companies in the U.S. require workers to use safety goggles when working with potentially harmful materials.
- This includes industrial applications, fuels, chemicals, paint, and constructional hardware and tools.
- It is not hard to find safety eyewear when shopping for prescription glasses online.
ANSI Safety Glasses
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is the governing body for many types of safety eyewear. From glasses to goggles, they oversee quality standards with strict guidelines and rigid criteria in place. The best safety glasses that meet or exceed requirements receive an ANSI Z87.1 rating for optimal eye and face protection. These safety glasses are also tested for quality and performance in the workplace against potential dangers.
Industry monitors recommend ANSI rated spectacles if looking for the best safety glasses online. Companies like MarvelOptics.com offer ANSI protective eyewear for businesses and individuals alike. As long as they have valid prescriptions, the company can design RX safety glasses with sunglass tints, transitional, or polarized lenses. Similarly, they can put in bifocal and progressive prescriptions within a single vision. This protects your eyes from hazards while improving vision at the same time.
Protect your Vision
The eyes are the passport to the world. Like your body’s organs, the eyes must be properly cared for at all times. While getting regular eye exams are essential, prescription safety glasses offers optimal protection against the elements. This includes particles that may enter the eyes due to gusty winds and inclement weather. Safety glasses are not hard to get since the prescription is already in the lenses. This gives you maximum defense when working in hazardous conditions or even home improvement projects.