Quality Horn Eyeglasses for a Stylish Look
Horn-rimmed glasses were originally made out of horn or tortoiseshell. But now, they’re made out of materials that have been made to resemble their look. One of their primary characteristics is their bold appearance, which is the opposite of metal frames that aren’t as pronounced. At Marvel Optics, we have a variety of horn-rim glasses frames that come from some of the most recognized brands on the market. So if you’re looking for a pair of quality horn glasses that will work with your personal style, be sure to take a look at what we have in our store.
A Variety of Horn-Rim Glasses Frames to Match Any Style
No matter what type of horn-rimmed glasses you’re looking for, Marvel Optics has a variety of frames that can match any style. Horn glasses are known for their bold look. So if you want something that really stands out, these frames are an excellent choice. But even if you’re looking for something more subtle, you can find it at our store. Feel free to look at the horn eyeglasses we have in our store. We’re sure you’ll be able to find a pair that will fit with your personal style.
Horn-Rim Glasses Frames for a Classic Look
Horn-rimmed eyeglasses were one of the first to become a popular fashion accessory. They became popular after Harold Lloyd started wearing them in his films, which continued throughout the 20th Century. So if you’re looking for a classic look, horn eyeglasses may be a perfect choice. At Marvel Optics we have a broad selection of frames that have been made to resemble this classic style. Feel free to look at what we have in our inventory, so you can find a pair of horn-rimmed glasses that are right for you.
Horn Eyeglasses FAQs
Why are they called "horn-rimmed glasses"?
Horn-rimmed glasses are named after the material with which they were originally named. But now, they’re commonly referred to as a pair of dark, thick, plastic eyeglasses. This type of retro style has been around for many years, so they’re the perfect type of eyeglasses for someone who wants to go for a retro or classic style.
What are tortoise-shell glasses?
Also called “horn-rimmed glasses,” tortoise-shell frames were first introduced in the early part of the 20th century. While they were originally made of tortoise-shell or animal horn, these materials were banned in 1973. And since then, they have been made of stained plastics that imitate the look of these materials.
What are horn-rimmed glasses?
Horn-rimmed glasses are a type of vintage eyewear that was once made of horn or tortoise shell. But since these materials have been banned in the early 1970’s, they consist of plastic that has been made to resemble the look. The look was popularized in the 1950’s, when Buddy Holly started wearing them. And they have continued to be a fashionable choice throughout the 20th Century.
What types of glasses are trending?
Here are some examples of eyeglasses that are currently trending:
- Transparent Eyeglasses — Clear frames have been in fashion for the last year, because they can match everything in your wardrobe.
- Aviator Eyeglasses — These frames resemble the look of Top Gun, but with the utmost in visibility.
- Metal Wire Eyeglasses — For Harry Potter wannabees, these frames look nerdy. But that’s the whole point.
- Topline Eyeglasses — Without a distinct bottom edge, these frames can make strong facial features less pronounced.
Be sure to look at the broad selection of eyeglass frames that we have at Marvel Optics.
How do I choose glasses for my face shape?
Here are some of the common face shapes and the types of frames that work well for each one:
- Round-Shaped Face — Frames that are as wide as they are tall work best for this type of face, because they make its proportions look slimmer.
- Square-Shaped Face — Frames with a lot of curves work best for this type of face shape, because they soften the angles.
- Oval-Shaped Face — Frames that are as wide or wider than the broadest part of your face will work best.
- Heart-Shaped Face — Frames that make the top of your face look narrower and your chin look wider will be your best choice.
- Diamond-Shaped Face — Angular frames with edgy elements that complement your face’s angular features will work best.
- Oblong-Shaped Face — Tall frames that will make your face look more proportioned will be your ideal choice.
If you’re looking for a place to buy quality eyeglasses online, be sure to look at what we have at Marvel Optics.